3rd PIANO FESTIVAL & MASTERCLASSES "ANTONIA FLUXÀ"
PALMA DE MALLORCA (SPAIN)
PALMA 13th - 18th JULY, 2015
The 3rd Piano Festival & Masterclasses "Antonia Fluxà" aims to offer a varied and exciting musical experience during your visit. We guarantee a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere for performers and cultural agents to interact and share their ideas in music.
At the Mallorca Summer Academy we strive to discover and further develop new ideas about music education. The 3rd Piano Festival & Masterclasses is a professional platform to every one of our students. The selected students will be offered a professional recital called "Audience Award" (17th of July) where the audience will choose their favorite pianist during the performance. The tickets will be sold for 10€ and the full amount of the collected ticket fees will be the award for the winner (the hall has a capacity for up to 180 seats)
Conservatorium van Amsterdam
Koninklijk Conservatorium Den Haag
Professor David Kuyken will be accommodated at the Palau Sa Font Hotel 4*.
Location for masterclasses & concerts: Centre Cultural Sa Nostra (Palma de Mallorca)
The cultural centre "Sa Nostra" is a multi-use space in the old town of Palma de Mallorca. The building has its own concert hall and conference rooms, where will be placed one piano for the individual lessons. Please find Sa Nostra's website by the following link: www.obrasocialsanostra.com/es/conoce
APPLICATION, TUITION FEES & ACCOMMODATION FOR STUDENTS
The Mallorca Summer Academy will select 6 pianists to participate at the 3rd Piano Festival & Masterclasses Antonia Fluxà. These pianists will pay a total fee of 280€ for 3 piano masterclasses + concert opportunities Palma + accommodation Iberostar Playa de Palma 4* hotel, half board (sharing room). All applicants are required to send a Cv and an optional online video with a free choice of repertoire (by youtube or vimeo). The administration will confirm all the applications by email after submission within three days. Then, the applicants will be informed to complete official application by clicking in APPLICATIONS section and attach a proof of payment by email. Due to the large number of applications, we will only reserve and confirm the successful applications once the payment have been received, the system would be first come first serve.
SEND YOUR CV & VIDEO HERE
• Piano active: 280€ . They will receive 3 piano masterclasses + concert opportunities in Centro de Cultura Sa Nostra + accommodation in Iberostar Playa de Palma 4* hotel half board (sharing room)
• Listener: 50€
We offer a few vacancies for pianists with a residence in the Balearic Islands. The admission will be done by order of payment. The price is 250€ for piano masterclasses. No accommodation included.
Students will stay at the Iberostar Playa de Palma Aparthotel 4* (sharing with other students) from the 13th till the 18th of July. Half board. The beach is less than 1 minute away (walking distance)from the hotel.
SCHEDULE & PRACTICE SPACE
The practice space will take 15 minutes walking distance from the Centre de Cultura Sa Nostra. (Details will be given to the participants on the arrival date)
13th – 18th JULY, 2015 Click here to see the full programme
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• The first to register will be served first.
• Main language of instruction: English and Spanish
• Considered Canyamel is one hour driving distance from Palma airport and the connections are limited, we recommend you to arrive no later than 7pm. The organization of the Majorca Summer Academy are going to provide information to travel from Palma city centre to Canyamel after proceeding the successful application
The organization reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the course content. A change does not infer any right to withdraw from the course or claim compensation.
• Any cancellation: no reimbursement of 50€ to cover administration costs.
• Any cancellation after May 15th 2015: no reimbursement of tuition fee are possible, unless the place can be covered by someone else (a penalty fee of 100€ will be kept back to cover administration costs, in any case).